Nikon D7000 DSLR camera model is made known by Nikon on September 15, 2010. It’s a 16.2 megapixel digital single- lens reflex camera.
The Nikon D7000 camera offers several professional-type features such as:
• Magnesium alloy body construction
• Weather and moisture sealing
• A 2,016 segment color exposure meter
• It has a built-in timed interval exposure features
• 39 focus points
• Dual SD memory card slots
• Virtual horizon
• Compatibility with older non- CPU auto focus
• Manual focus AI
• AI –S NIKON F-Mount lenses
• Includes an electronic range finder with 3 segment view finder manual focus indication
• Tilt-shift PC-E lenses
Other Built-In Features:
• Wireless flash commander
• 2 user customizable modes
• Full HD video with autofocus
• Has a mono audio with support for an external stereo microphone
• built with automatic correction of lateral chromatic aberration
• Support for GPS
• Support for WLAN
• Rear LCD monitor
• Continuous shooting frames
Nikon D7000 received 4 major awards in 2011: The Red Dot Production Design, TIPA’s Best DSLR Advanced category, EISA’s European advanced SLR Camera 2011-2012, and the CameraGP Japan 2011 Readers Award.
Nikon D7000 has optional accessories that are available:
• Wireless transmitter for WLAN
• available for third party solutions
• wireless infrared remote control
• GP-1 GPS Unit for direct GPS geotagging
• Third party solutions with 3 axis compass, data-logger, blue tooth and support for indoor use
• Multi Power Battery Grip
• CF-DC3 Soft Case.
• a range of Speed light or third-party flash units
• Tethered shooting with Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 and Adobe Lightroom 3
• Other accessories are also available such as: protective cases, bags, eyepiece adapters, correction lenses and underwater housings
Since the release of NikonD7000, it gained a lot of reviews from its users. Some commented that it is an upgrade of the older Nikon camera models. It is also considered as a practical alternative to the other expensive Nikon cameras. It garnered an overall score on the reviews of 80% by the Digital Photography Review, admiring its features and image quality. Out of five stars, the Nikon D7000 got four. It also got the Editor’s Choice Award in CNET’s Review. Above the much more expensive competitors, DxO Labs awarded Nikon D7000 sensor an overall rating of 80%.
The Nikon D7000 is already expected by its users. The publicity of its release made it hard during the first few months in the market. Supplies also of this DSLR camera were limited because of the destruction of some Nikon manufacturing facilities in Thailand, due to the flooding in 2011. The early production of these models gathered a lot of complaints because of some factory defect issues such as: back focus problems, dust and oil spots. But the company found an innovative way to improve this product and is now considered to be the number one brand in DSLR cameras. This product is made in Thailand and backed by the most popular company, Nikon.